End of the day goodness

End of the day goodness
Backyard travel

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

When it is about me, not you.


One of the things FB has done for me, aside from being a delightful diversion and my own personal time sucker; it has made me aware of my pettiness, hot spots and happiness triggers.  For example, a daily post about a run use to bother me.  I know, I know, this is completely stupid.   I never posted on FB, “I am so over seeing people post about their run.”  The reason being, I knew from the start, this was something defective in me, not them.  And of course it was, I figured out that I am a lazy slug who should be doing something.  The daily reminder was making me feel bad about myself, not happy for them.  It is weird, but once I looked that demon in the face, I was able to be happy for people getting up and doing something. 

The food picture phenomenon, it bothers a lot of people, that one has never really phased me.  I look at some stuff and think yum, especially vacation food or special occasion food.  Every day food is more mundane but I am not offended.

Game invites, how someone has leveled up in their Candy saga, yes honestly, this stuff annoys me, but I never responded to any of it and apparently this pleased the FB Gods because all that crap has mostly disappeared.

Things that are a real hot spot for me, things that simply make me angry, I use that fabulous little button in the right corner of the post.  Please do not show any more articles from Iamapinhead.com.  This has upped my enjoyment of Fb by about a 1000% .   After all, this really is just Social Media, a very personalized People magazine of the people we know or slightly know.  It is fluff.   If it is not fluff, I want it to resonate and bring clarity, not raise my blood pressure.

Bottom line, more times then not, when I have a shitty reaction to something on FB, it is my issue.  I see no reason to publicly flog an idea, a movement or what is important to someone else.  Just because it does not matter to me, does not make it unworthy.  I should be happy for the happiness, not petty and mean.  Not to mention, there is nothing more ridiculous than complaining about being tired of something showing up too much and wasting my time on the world’s biggest time waster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment